MobTown CrossFit – CrossFit
Warm-up (No Measure)
2:00 Easy on Any Machine
1. Front Rack Box Stretch – 1:00
2. Banded Shoulder Distraction – 1:00/side
1. Bottom Squat Hold – 1:00
2. Frog Stretch – 1:00
3. Pigeon Stretch – 1:00/side
1:00 Row – Easy
0:30 Active Spiderman
0:30 Plank Shoulder Taps
0:45 Row – Moderate
0:30 Active Samson
0:30 Push-up to Down Dog
0:30 Row – Fast
0:30 Air Squats
0:30 Easy Burpees
Front Rack Box Stretch
Banded Shoulder Distraction
Barbell Forearm Smash
On the Minute x 16 (8 Rounds):
Min 1 – 1 Front Squat
Min 2 – 2 Back Squats
82% 1RM Front Squat.
– Final iteration before our de-load.
– Following a week off from Stamina Squats, we’ll hit this sequence one more… at a heavier percentage.
– And then we’ll climb back up the ladder, repeating each rep scheme earlier in the cycle… once again, at a heavier percentage.
Metcon (AMRAP – Rounds and Reps)
3 Power Snatches (115 / 85 lb)
15 Wallballs (20 / 14 lb)
– Conditioning Category: Threshold
– Goal today is to match our rounds on the back 6 minutes when compared to the front.
– Moderate barbell weight is the aim… a weight we could cycle for 10+ unbroken when fresh. It’s entirely acceptable to be at fast singles here.
Snatch technique work
On the 2:00 x 5 Rounds:
1 Hang Power Snatch
1 Power Snatch
1 Hang Squat Snatch
1 Squat Snatch
All percentages based of 1RM Snatch:
Set 1 – 50% of 1RM Snatch
Set 2 – 55% of 1RM Snatch
Set 3+4+5 – 60% of 1RM Snatch
– Footwork is our focus today.
– We aren’t building to a max for the day, we are using weights that allow for perfect movement and no chance at a miss.
– Record the loads used just for reference for the future.
– Often, we’ll have different footwork between a power snatch and a squat snatch.
– But as the saying goes, “a squat snatch is a failed power snatch”.
– What that tongue-in-cheek saying describes is identical footwork on both movements.
– So as we complete the first two reps (which are power), visualize going into the full squat.
– And then confirm it, with our second two actual squat reps.