MobTown CrossFit – CrossFit
Warm-up (No Measure)
2:00 Easy on Any Machine
1. Banded Triceps Stretch – 1:00/side
2. Banded Shoulder Distraction – 1:00/side
3. Front Rack Stretch on Box – 1:00
1. Pigeon Stretch – 1:00/side
2. Bottom Squat Hold 1:00
3. Banded Hamstring Distraction 1:00/side
2 Rounds for Quality, :30s at Each Station
Row (Increase Intensity Each Round)
Push-up to Down Dog
Box Jump with Step Down
Barbell Warmup with Empty Bar
5 Good Mornings
5 Back Squat
5 Elbow Rotations
5 Strict Press
5 Front Squats
5 Romanian Deadlift
Push-Up to Down Dog
Banded Hamstring Distraction
Banded Shoulder Distraction
Banded Triceps Stretch
“Loch Ness Monster”
Starting on the 0:00
40 Wallballs (20/14)
40 Box Jumps (24/20)
40 Wallballs (20/14)
*On the Minute – 5 Deadlifts (185/135) Rx+ 225/155
Wallball – 20 / 14 lb
Box Jumps – 24″/20″
Deadlift – 185 / 135 lb
Workout starts with the Deadlifts. 15:00 Time Cap.
– To include the start of the workout, every minute starts with the 5 deadlifts.
– In time remaining, we chip away at the above totals (wallball/box/wallball).
– Stimulus calls unbroken deadlifts throughout, so let’s choose a moderate load that we could cycle for 25+ reps when fresh.
THE BIG TAKEAWAYS
1. The bait is to treat this like a sprint since we always have the deadlifts looking over our shoulders. Pace this like an 8-10 minute workout.
2. Quick breaks on wallballs when needed. Don’t stare at the wall.
3. Aggressive transitions to the bar and back to our written work.
– Think two sets each minute with a quick 2-3 second break to reduce time under tension where we can.
– Get into a rhythm and just stay steady one at a time.
– Jump up and step down is a good way to find a rhythm and hold a sustainable pace.
Starting on the 20:00
EMOM x 8:
Minute 1 – 7 Hang Squat Cleans + 1 Push Jerk
Minute 2 – 6 Hang Squat Cleans + 2 Push Jerks
Minute 3 – 5 Hang Squat Cleans + 3 Push Jerks
Minute 4 – 4 Hang Squat Cleans + 4 Push Jerks
Minute 5 – 3 Hang Squat Cleans + 5 Push Jerks
Minute 6 – 2 Hang Squat Cleans + 6 Push Jerks
Minute 7 – 1 Hang Squat Clean + 7 Push Jerks
Percentage based on 1RM Clean and Jerk
Weight – 55% of 1RM
– Weight is fixed throughout at 55% of our 1RM.
– The sets do not *need* to be unbroken, but recognize that each set can take about half the allotted minute.
– Expect the metabolic demand here, as it will arrive… and we are after it.