MobTown CrossFit – CrossFit
Warm-up (No Measure)
2:00 Easy on Any Machine
1. Front Rack Stretch on Box – 2:00
2. Banded Shoulder Distraction – 1:00/side
1. Bottom Squat Hold – 2:00
2. Banded Hamsting Distraction – 1:00/side
3. Kettlebell Ankle Dorsiflection
2 Rounds for Quality
10 Alternating Cossack Squats
15 Banded Pull Aparts
10 Calorie Row
Front Rack Stretch on Box
Banded Shoulder Distraction
Banded Hamstring Distraction
On the Minute x 8 (4 Rounds):
Min 1 – 5 Front Squats
Min 2 – 10 Back Squats
Single barbell, loaded throughout at 50% of our 1RM Front Squat.
– Week 1 of 5 of this squat progression.
– Week after week, we’ll reduce the reps-per-set, *while* increasing the total rounds.
– Purpose here is to build strength and risilience in our ability to cycle through higher volume squats… a very common demand in competition, no less the Open.
– To be clear, the barbell is loaded with a SINGLE weight for all squats, with your individualized percentage above.
30/24 Cal Row
30 Wall Balls (20 / 14 lb)
30 Alternating Dumbbell Power Snatches (50 / 35 lb)
25 minute time cap
1 Low-Hang Power Snatch
1 Low-Hang Squat Snatch
Set 1 – 60% of 1RM Snatch of 1RM Snatch
Set 2 – 65% of 1RM Snatch
Set 3 – 70% of 1RM
Sets 4+5+6 – 75% @calc(75
– The “Low-Hang” position is beneath the knee, but *not* touching the floor (think 2″ off the floor).
– Always start by deadlifting the bar to full extension, and then lower into the low-hang.
– With both reps starting from this position, our focus is bar and body positioning beneath the knee.
– Taking away the ability to “rest” the bar on the floor, we are forced to work harder to maintain sound positioning on these reps.
– Lats on… drive the knees back and out of the way as we keep the bar close.