MobTown CrossFit – CrossFit
Warm-up (No Measure)
2:00 Easy on Any Machine
1. PVC Pass Throughs – 1:00
2. Banded Shoulder Distraction – 1:00/side
1. Pigeon Stretch – 1:00/side
2. Bottom Squat Hold – 1:00
3. Samson Stretch – :30/side
6 Minutes for Quality:
50′ Single DB Overhead Carry/side
8 Box Jumps with Step Down
Single Dumbbell Overhead Carry
PVC Pass Through
Banded Shoulder Distractions
Barbell Forearm Smash
Box Squats (7 x 2)
25 minute time cap including warm up
Set box to just below parallel.
Dead stop on box for 1s.
All percentages based on 1RM Back Squat:
Sets 1+2 – 60% of 1RM Back Squat
Sets 3+4 – 65% of 1RM Back Squat
Sets 5+6+7 – 70% of 1RM Back Squat
– Lighter loads does not necessarily mean less progress.
– Different approach today on our de-load week. The focus is speed.
– At loads where we can stand with *maximal acceleration*, the aim here to build explosiveness coming out of our squat.
– Take a “low bar” rack position (bar closer to mid-shoulder than neckline), and sit back to box. Find a near-vertical shin position as we sit to the box, which places the focus on the posterior.
– With a 1s pause, aggressively stand to extension by *squeezing* ourselves off the box (not rock).
30 Power Snatches (95/65)
30 Overhead Squats
30 Squat Snatches
On the Minute starting at the 1 min- 5 TTB
Rx+ – 115 / 85 lb
15 minute time cap
– Conditioning Category: Grind
– Moderate barbell is the aim. Choose a load that we could squat snatch for 10+ reps unbroken when fresh.
– Awareness is key here… both in pacing our stamina, but in using the clock.
– Proper management of the 60s windows can set us up for success, where improper management can lead to lost seconds here and there… which can amount to a punishing addition to the final time.
Snatch technique work
1 Pausing Power Snatch
1 Pausing Overhead Squat
1 Pausing Squat Snatch
All pauses are for 1 second in each respective “catch” or “bottom” position:
Power Snatch – Pause at the quarter squat power catch.
Overhead Squat – Pause at the bottom of our squat.
Squat Snatch – Pause at the bottom of our catch.
All percentages based on 1RM Snatch:
Set 1 – 50% of 1RM Snatch
Set 2 – 55% of 1RM Snatch
Sets 3+4+5 – 60% of 1RM Snatch
– Placing the focus to our receiving position today.
– By forcing a pause, we have the chance to confirm the most challenging portion of the lift: the catch.
– We are “getting comfortable with an uncomfortable spot”.